Monday, November 8, 2010

The Nujabes Documentary: An Eternal Soul Teaser + Tribute T-Shirt


OK! Now for those who follow the blog and the brand, most likely know that I happen to be a huge fan of the late great Japanese producer, Seba Jun or better known as "Nujabes" . For those who haven't heard of him, to make it short, he was one of Hip-Hop's best producers that really helped change and shape the scene.

Sadly, he lost his life at the age of 36 last year on February 26th, 2010, a day after my birthday. With the tragic loss of losing such an icon, I decide to work on a t-shirt, with the help of my good friend Vincent, to help keep the memory of Nujabes alive, only thing though was that I didn't feel right creating such a shirt too soon, nor did I feel right benefiting from the death of such an icon, after showing some previews for the t-shirt on this site, I eventually shelved the t-shirt.

But as I was browsing various websites the other day, I stumbled across a new documentary about Nujabes dropping sometime in 2011 appropriately titled "The Nujabes Documentary: An Eternal Soul"

Check out the videos below!

Teaser:


Eternal Soul Theme:


Check out their website and stay up to date with the project:
http://nujabesdocumentary.tumblr.com/

I figured why not show a full preview of how the t-shirt looks? As you can see I've made a sample of the actual shirt.




Its a homage to one of Nujabe's greatest works as a main contributor to the background music and soundtracks of the anime "Samurai Champloo", which blends a feudal Japan setting with modern anachronisms, and also high regard to Hip-Hop culture.

It features the silhouette of the show's main character walking in front of a moon with the the brand's initials "F.M.O" while wearing headphones and a quote from one of Nujabe's works as a producer, the track "Luv(sic) pt. 3 feat Shing02"

This certain t-shirt represents a man on his own, boldly venturing ahead into whatever life has to offer him down the road. Never conforming to what society forces upon him, he chooses to stand his own ground and follow his own path within the life he leads.

I also added headphones to incorporate the brand's music motif as well as Nujabe's works as a producer.

If you are interested and would like to purchase the shirt:

I'm currently still up in the air about whether or not I should release this t-shirt. If there's a high demand for it I'll most likely release the t-shirt.

Send an email to the email address: FunkMistahJ@yahoo.com with the title "NUJABES! DON'T FOLLOW LEAD!"

with your t-shirt size and if the demand is high enough, I'll respond back via a post on this very website or an email with a link to where you can pre-order the shirt.

You can also demand the shirt via our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/FunkMeOut

Just like the group and drop a line saying you're interested in the t-shirt.

If the shirt does indeed see the light of day and sells, I'll donate a percent of the proceeds towards the company producing "An Eternal Soul" documentary or a different charity.

Don't Follow . LEAD!
-FunkMistah_J